In the effort to provide our best service to you during this challenging time, The Markel Group will be offering updates from the State of Colorado’s Attorney General on how real estate professionals are to conduct business as we work together globally to move beyond COVID-19.
Current Colorado Real Estate Directives in the Age of COVID-19:
- Real Estate considered an “Essential” business according to the Colorado Attorney General.
- In-person showings and open houses are allowed. Strict protocols are to be followed.
- Limited Service to include: inspections, appraisals, closings.
- Tertiary business practices are allowed: photography, videography, contract/repairs, etc.
- All of the above are as of September 1 2020 and are subject to change as the rules for operation change almost daily.
The Markel Group’s Best Practices During COVID-19:
For safety and in recognizing the State of Colorado’s directives on conducting business during the COVID-19 pandemic, The Markel Group will continue to implement FaceTime and Zoom/Skpe for meetings as often as possible. For those times when teleconferencing is just not possible, we will follow these guidelines:
- We confirm presumed health with all parties..
- We wear masks, gloves, booties, and practice social-distancing during our visit.
- We use hand sanitizer before, during, and after our meeting.
- We touch as few surfaces in your home as possible.
- We wipe down all touched surfaces with disinfectant wipes after a showing.
- We hire supporting professionals who also follow strict safety practices in the course of conducting their essential business.
- We do not visit in person if either party is ill.
- Children are discouraged from being present.
- While safety precautions may be exercised, it is still considered safest to conduct business virtually. Please ask how we work to make this option successful.
- We ask your understanding and flexibility as we seek to stay in compliance of the rules which are changing day-by-day, hour-by-hour.
The Markel Group is Chipping in to Ease the Burden:
In this time of great stress for so many in our worldwide community, The Markel Group has been chipping in the best we can in the effort to ease the burden for at least a few others who have been negatively affected during the pandemic. From making masks for volunteers to donating money to “Feed the Frontlines”, “There With Care”, and the “Boulder Chorale”, The Markel Group family knows the importance of giving back to the community who has been so good to us over the years.
We send our love and hopes for wellness to you and yours. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help your your organization, as well.
For your real estate needs, please know we are committed to providing honest advice and support at a time when the business of buying and selling real estate is being redefined.